- Medicine Name: Iclusig
- API: Ponatinib
- Dosage Form & Strength: Tablets: 10 mg/15 mg/30 mg/45 mg
- Manufactured By: Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Iclusig (ponatinib) is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of adult patients with:
- Chronic phase (CP) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance or intolerance to at least a couple of prior kinase inhibitors.
- Accelerated phase (AP) or blast phase (BP) CML or Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) for whom no other kinase inhibitors are indicated.
- T315I-positive CML (chronic phase, accelerated phase, or blast phase) or T315I-positive Ph+ ALL.
CP-CML: The recommended starting dose of Iclusig is 45 mg orally with or without food once daily with a reduction to 15 mg orally once daily upon achievement of molecular response (≤1% BCR-ABL1IS). Those with loss of response can re-escalate the dose to a previously tolerated dosage of 30 mg or 45 mg orally once daily. Continue therapy until loss of response at the re-escalated dose or unacceptable toxicity. Consider discontinuing treatment in case a hematologic response has not occurred by three months.
AP-CML, BP-CML, and Ph+ ALL: The recommended starting dosage is 45 mg once daily with or without food. Continue therapy until loss of response or unacceptable toxicity. Consider reducing the dose for patients with accelerated phase (AP) CML who have achieved a major cytogenetic response. Consider discontinuing treatment in case a response has not occurred in three months.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and indianpharmanetwork does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information.