- Medicine Name: Cytalux
- Generic Name: Pofalacianine
- Dosage Form & Strength: Injection: 3.2 mg/1.6 mL (2 mg/mL) of pafolacianine in a single-dose vial
- Manufactured By: On Target Laboratories, Inc.
Cytalux is an FDA approved optical imaging agent used as an adjunct for intraoperative identification of:
- Malignant lesions in adult individuals with ovarian cancer.
- Malignant and non-malignant pulmonary lesions in adult individuals with known or suspected cancer in the lung.
Recommended Dosage: Perform pregnancy test in women of reproductive age and veify the absence of pregnancy before the use of Cytalux injection. Folate, folic acid, or folate containing supplements must be discontinued 48 hours prior to administration of Cytalux. Consider the use of antihistamines or/and anti-nausea medicine for prophylaxis against infusion-related reactions.
Adult Patients with Ovarian Cancer: The recommended dose is a single intravenous infusion of 0.025 mg/kg diluted in 250 mL of 5% dextrose injection, given over 60 minutes using a dedicated infusion line, 1 to 9 hour before surgery.
Adult Patients with Known or Suspected Cancer in the Lung: The recommended dose is a single intravenous infusion of 0.025 mg/kg diluted in 250 mL of 5% dextrose injection, given over 60 minutes using a dedicated infusion line, 1 to 24 hour before surgery.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and indianpharmanetwork does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information.