- Medicine Name: Braftovi
- Generic Name: Encorafenib
- Dosage Form & Strength: Capsules: 75 mg
- Manufactured By: Pfizer Inc.
Braftovi is a kinase inhibitor used:
- in combination with medicine binimetinib (Mektovi), to treat patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma with a BRAF V600E or V600K mutation.
- in combination with medication cetuximab (Erbitux), to treat adult patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC) with a BRAF V600E mutation, after prior therapy.
Note: Braftovi (Encorafenib 75 mg) is not for treatment of patients with wild-type BRAF melanoma or wild-type BRAF CRC.
Recommended Dosage: Confirm the presence of a BRAF V600E or V600K mutation in tumor specimens before starting treatment with Braftovi.
BRAF V600E or V600K Mutation-Positive Unresectable or Metastatic Melanoma: The recommended dosage is 450 mg (six 75 mg capsules) orally once daily along with medicine binimetinib until the disease is progressive or unacceptable toxicity occurs.
BRAF V600E Mutation-Positive Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (CRC): The recommended dosage is 300 mg (four 75 mg capsules) orally once daily along with cetuximab until the disease is progressive or unacceptable toxicity occurs.
Braftovi capsules may be taken with or without food. Do not take a missed dose within 12 hours of the next dose of Braftovi. Do not take any additional dose if vomiting occurs after the administration of this medication but continue with the very next scheduled dose.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and indianpharmanetwork does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information.