- Medicine Name: Synagis
- API: Palivizumab
- Dosage Form & Strength: Injections: 50 mg/0.5 mL and 100 mg/1 mL
- Manufactured By: MedImmune, LLC
Synagis is a respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) F protein inhibitor monoclonal antibody used to help prevent a serious lung disease caused by respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in children:
- born prematurely (at or before 35 weeks) and who are aged 6 months or less at the beginning of the RSV season
- who have a chronic lung complication known as bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), who needed medical therapy within the last 6 months, and who are aged 24 months or less at the beginning of the RSV season
- born with certain types of heart conditions and who are aged 24 months or less at the beginning of the RSV season
Recommended Dosage: The recommended dose of Synagis is 15 mg/kg of body weight, administered intramuscularly (IM) before commencement of the respiratory syncytial virus season and remaining doses administered monthly throughout the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) season. Children undergoing cardio-pulmonary bypass need to receive an additional dose as quickly as possible after the cardio-pulmonary bypass procedure (even if sooner than a month from the previous dose). Thereafter, doses of Synagis should be used monthly as scheduled.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and indianpharmanetwork does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information.