- Medicine Name: Tecvayli
- API: Teclistamab
- Dosage & Strength: 30 mg/3 mL & 153 mg/1.7 mL in single-dose vial
- Manufactured by: Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Indication and Usage:
The FDA approves Teclistamab to treat patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma who have received at least 4 prior lines of therapy, including a proteasome inhibitor, an immunomodulatory agent, and an anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody.
Dosage and Administration
- Healthcare professionals recommend administering Teclistamab subcutaneously.
- The recommended dosage of Tecvayli is step-up doses of 0.06 mg/kg and 0.3 mg/kg followed by 1.5 mg/kg once weekly until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
- One should administer pretreatment medications prior to each dose of the Teclistamab step-up dosing schedule, which includes step-up dose 1, step-up dose 2, and the first treatment dose.
- Administer Teclistamab subcutaneously according to the step-up dosing schedule to reduce the incidence and severity of cytokine release syndrome (CRS). Due to the risk of CRS and neurologic toxicity, including ICANS, patients should be hospitalized for 48 hours after administration of all doses within the Teclistamab step-up dosing schedule.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and indianpharmanetwork does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information.