- Cushing’s Disease is a kind of rare endocrine disorder, typically characterized by a wide range of symptoms as well as physical abnormalities that occurs because of excessive amounts of the hormone cortisol, an essential glucocorticoid.
- The disease is also known as Cushing’s syndrome (CS) or hypercortisolism.
- Although Cushing’s disease may occur in children, it most commonly affects adult individuals aged between 25 to 40.
- Isturisa 1 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg, an FDA-approved oral medication, can help reduce the amount of cortisol your body creates to help you achieve and maintain normal cortisol levels.
What is Cushing’s Disease
Cushing’s Disease (also can be addressed as Cushing’s syndrome (CS) or hypercortisolism) occurs when the body has excess hormone cortisol for a longer period of time. This can be caused by the body making excess cortisol, or from taking medications known as glucocorticoids, which affect the body as cortisol does. Cushing’s Disease can be life-threatening if left untreated.
Treatments for Cushing’s disease can reduce the body’s cortisol levels and ameliorate symptoms. The sooner its treatment begins, the better the possibility for recovery.
What Causes Cushing’s Disease:
A benign tumor (noncancerous) on the pituitary gland causes the body to make excess cortisol from the adrenal glands, which typically leads to Cushing’s disease symptoms. Cortisol is widely known as a stress hormone, which helps control mood, motivation, and the way you feel.
Common Symptoms of Cushing’s Disease: Excess cortisol can cause some major symptoms of Cushing’s disease — a rounded face, a fatty hump between the shoulders, and pink or purple stretch marks on the skin. Cushing’s disease also can cause bone loss or high blood pressure. Sometimes, the disease can be responsible for causing type 2 diabetes.
Cushing’s Disease Treatment:
The primary goal of treatment for patients with Cushing’s disease is to bring the body’s cortisol levels back to normal. Isturisa is an FDA-approved tablet that contains osilodrostat. It is taken twice daily to help scale down the level of cortisol developed by the adrenal glands. Isturisa (osilodrostat tablet) is for adults with Cushing’s disease who can’t have pituitary surgery, or who have had pituitary surgery but were not cured of their disease.
With Isturisa, patients can look forward to:
- A proven treatment for Cushing’s disease that can help reach and maintain normal cortisol levels
- Tablets that can be taken by mouth with or without food
- Dosing that can be personalized
Isturisa provides flexible dosing options. It comes in 3 different dosage strengths: 1 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg. This allows the treating doctor to adjust the dose of Isturisa to normalize the level of cortisol while trying to balance the probability of adverse reactions.
Access and Sourcing of Isturisa:
The medicine Isturisa is manufactured by Recordati Rare Disease. Those who are looking to buy Isturisa in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and certain other countries through strategic alliances and specific distribution agreements, can contact Indian Pharma Network (IPN).
IPN has authorization and can help in accessing/sourcing Recordati Rare Disease medications including Isturisa in India. Make an inquiry today and we will help you calculate the total Isturisa tablets price in India and certain other countries. We can be contacted via TOLL-FREE: 1800-889-1064 or Call/WhatsApp: +919310090915.